Call for 2020 GAAC Conference Presentation Proposals
About the Conference
The Glass Art Association of Canada (GAAC) requests your proposals for lecture presentations and/or demonstrations for the 2020 GAAC 37th Anniversary conference to be held June 11-13, in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada.
Please note that non members of GAAC are also encouraged to submit proposals.
Conference Theme: Trailblazing Frontiers in Contemporary Glass
Are you using glass in an innovative way? Are you communicating new ideas or cutting edge issues with glass? Have you changed how you work due to Climate Change? Do you power your studio with sustainable resources? Are you creating functional works that are innovative? Do you reuse or recycle glass in a unique way? Are you combining glass with another material? If you have a unique way of working that you wish to share with our colleagues, please come and share your new frontiers with us. We want to learn about your thoughts, technologies, and processes.
All types of glass art media subject matter are encouraged: blown glass, kiln formed, lampworked, stained glass, coldworked, architectural, public art, mixed media with glass, new technologies about glass, etc.
Types of Presentations Requested:
- Lectures: 45 min- 1 hour presentation
- Demonstration: varying lengths of demonstration dependent on processes and techniques
- Panel discussion: a moderator and 2 to 3 panelists to discuss a topic
Each presentation will receive a 100% refund of their conference pass.
Presentation materials can be published in the archive section of our GAAC website. Presenters retain all other copyrights. Presentations may be recorded, and the recordings made available to GAAC members at a later date.
For each presentation proposal, please submit a single electronic document (PDF format preferred, with the proposal submitter's name in the file name) that contains:
- Presentation or Demonstration Title
- Topic (one to two paragraph summary of content)
- Name, website, business name (all that may be appropriate) for each presenter/panelist
- Contact information including email address(es)
- Brief resume, for each presenter/panelist, that demonstrates credentials or experience for the proposed presentation.
- Supporting images of work or relevance (if applicable) included in the document (JPG)
Email your proposal, with a subject heading of "Conference Presentation Proposal", to email@example.com no later than December 15, 2019. Proposals will be reviewed by the GAAC conference chairs by January 31, 2020, and accepted presenters will be contacted by February 15, 2020.
Note: GAAC Reserves the right to select or reject proposals.